(eBook) (PDF) Biology: Science for Life, 6th edition
Virginia Borden Maier
Hallmark features of this titleEach chapter weaves in a story based on a current issue or hot topic that presents and explains biological concepts, examples, and applications.Working with Data questions challenge students to analyze and apply their knowledge of biology to a graph or set of data.Sounds Right, But Is It? activities at the end of each chapter address common student misconceptions about biology concepts.Roots to Remember in chapter discussions help students learn the language of biology using word roots.Visualize This questions encourage students to look closely at figures to more fully understand their content.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) – Copyright © 2019
Category: Biology for non-majors
Biology: Science for Life is available in the following versions:
- Biology: Science for Life with Physiology contains Chapters 1-26
- Biology: Science for Life contains Chapters 1-17
- Can Science Cure the Common Cold?
UNIT 1: CHEMISTRY AND CELLS
- Science Fiction, Bad Science, and Pseudoscience
- Is It Possible to Supplement Your Way to Better Performance and Health?
- Body Weight and Health
- Life in the Greenhouse
UNIT 2: GENETICS
- Does Testing Save Lives
- Biology of Wrongful Convictions
- Genetically Modified Organisms
UNIT 3: EVOLUTION
- Where Did We Come From
- An Evolving Enemy
- Understanding Race
- The Greatest Species on Earth?
UNIT 4: ECOLOGY
- Is the Human Population Too Large?
- Conserving Biodiversity
- The Human Footprint
UNIT 5: ANIMAL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION
- Organ Donation
- Binge Drinking
- Clearing the Air
- Vaccination: Protection and Prevention or Peril?
- Human Sex Diffrences
- Toxic Stress
- Study Drugs: Brain Boost or Brain Drain?
UNIT 6: PLANT BIOLOGY
- Feeding the World
- Growing a Green Thumb
- Metric System Conversions
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Save up to 80% by choosing the PDF eBook vs printed books
High-quality searchable PDF format, ideal for printing
No expiration date! No DRM protection. Access your PDF ebook anytime and anywhere.